- Run to hardware store to buy Shop Vac when plumber kindly points out that basement is filling with water from the downpour leaking in through the window and has now covered two rooms.
- Gasp in horror when Micalangela shows up with the cover to her catalytic converter in her hand, which she had to retrieve from the side of the road when it fell off on the way from New York.
Just wondering: what zodiac hell have I entered into?
Monday: First official Vaca Day (coz the wknd is, y'know, the weekend)
- Pouring down rain like crazy (but okay, I can chill with one of the eleventy billion books I brought or even trying WRITING THE NOVEL or how about PAINTING?)
However, before I can get to Relaxation Station, I must:
- Determine if the water on the basement floor is from the dehumidifier hose or, oops, no, from the ceiling where it just dripped on my head, so must call plumber
Before I can call the plumber, however,
- I need to mop the floor so the water doesn't soak any more than it has into the wallboard and we have The Great Mold Caper of last year reoccur, so I have to go to the store and get a better mop
Before I can go to the store, however,
- I need to wait for the mouse guy, which is why I'm in the basement in the first place and discovered the leak
Before I can even deal with the mice and the leak, I have to
- cancel a VISA that someone opened by stealing my identity and change all my passwords on all my online accounts and delete any saved credit cards on every online account I have
Before I can do that, however,
- I have to figure out what bank the VISA is from, which means either accessing my Itunes, which was hacked, or getting a credit report
Before I can access my Itunes, however,
- I have to get the attention of the IDIOTS at Apple, who allowed someone to hack into my account, change my password, emails, and billing info and now I can't reset my password or contact Apple, cause my password doesn't work and this whole stupendously nasty affair can take Apple up to 48 HOURS BEFORE THEY RESPOND TO MY EMAIL WHILST SOME IDIOT IS CHARGING $50 GIFT CERTIFICATES TO MY ACCOUNT AND I AM GETTING THOSE EMAILS, BUT NOT THE RESET PASSWORD EMAILS AND OH, MY NEW ADDRESS ON THE ACCOUNT IS SOME TOWN IN IOWA
Before I can cancel the VISA, however, I have to get a credit report
- WHICH TAKES 3.5 HOURS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS FRAUDULENT VISA, SO I HAVE TO PAY FOR ALL SORTS OF CREDIT FRAUD ALERTS
- I have to talk to paypal, Amex, Zappos, Amazon, and several other places and cancel accounts, delete credit card info, change passwords, and curse mightily
And then I get to call Mr. Pom at work on a Monday morning whilst he's in a meeting and tell him about:
- the mice
- the leak
- the identity theft
And he then curses mightily.
And then I can have breakfast and a cup of coffee
Note to self: Sell house/buy one way plane ticket to Bora Bora.