I will post over the weekend!
Usually when I am silent here it's because I am so swamped that I have nothing to say. This week has been the opposite: I am swamped but I have plenty to say. First I have to find a second to do it, though. And upload all the photos.
Must be something in the air cause I just popped over to Blackbird's and she has a post saying the same thing.
First off -
Happy Birthday to Stephanie upon turning 21 and to my sweet sister, her mom, on turning....more than 21!!
And congratulations to my nephew, her brother, for being selected as the Salutorian of his prep school graduating class! And for being accepted to Georgetown!
Bon voyage and God's blessings to my other niece on the eve of her trip with her school to Israel!
Our family is being showered with blessings and I am trying not to lose track of every bit of it in the whirlwind of these weeks!
This week, Micalenagela came home from school....and I can't remember another thing 'cept it's been really busy with:
- wedding stuff, (getting gowns and suits altered; last minute changes to theme and decor - kill me now; drafting and designing the programs, menus, seat cards, seat numbers - Micalangela says kill her now),
- gardening (when I say "gardening" I really mean landscaping i.e. digging a trench and edging the beds, i.e. can't bend down to pick anything up to save my life and my hamstrings may never recover);
- ordering and returning shoes upon shoes as everyone tries to find what to wear to the wedding in order to have gowns hemmed on time
- shopping for something to wear to the bachelorette party in the city as what I thought was a very hip black jacket with asymmetrical zipper and bronzed buttons was laughed at by certain a certain bride....
- covering an insane amount of cases that had my head spinning each morning as I tried to remember what court/deposition in what county I was supposed to be in;
- and who knows what else.
In the meanwhile, we are at TWO WEEKS and counting! Large packages containing gifts and sundries ordered by the bride clog the front porch, front hall, and dining room. My art room is stacked with piles of clothing as I decide what to wear when. The side porch is stacked with Micalenagela's college stuff that she will throw back in the car when she moves back down in a few weeks for her on campus summer job and off campus apartment. In short, we are a holy mess and will remain that way for quite a few more weeks.
However, Mr. Pom and I had a marvelous time in the city last weekend, which I will upload soon and tomorrow we are going to buy plants for the garden. I am drawing studies of old family photographs that I want to turn into paintings, and I just got a new decorating book that has me chomping at the bit to redo the entire house. Oh, and I am reading at night instead of watching TV and I've have some great summer reading recommendations.
So don't give up hope: regular blogging will be sparse for a bit longer, but will be filled with some wonderful content. Right now the sun is out for the first time in a week. It is blustery but sunny and Mr. Pom is coming home to go for sushi and Chardonnay.